Sunday 15 September 2013

A Helpful Conversation With Director Blake Claridge.



Whilst analysing music videos I was set upon the idea to contact a director and get the helping hand I need in the form of questions answered, hints and tips. I decided to contact Blake Claridge. I chose Blake mainly due to the fact that he is british, I am a fan of his work and he has a huge range of projects under his belt. These include videos for bands such as The Ramona Flowers, A Band of Buriers, Alex Clare, The Subways and We Have Band to only name a few. He has also been commissioned to create pieces for large brands such as TalkTalk, Ocado and Selfridges. Although Blakes videos are simplistic finding out how he makes them look this way will help me out a lot.

I decided to email the man in question. I sent an email over the weekend asking if would be at all possible for me to drop him some questions which would help me with my project. 



By the time I had checked my emails the next day a reply was already there. Blake has agreed to answer some questions and sounds interested with what I am aiming to do in the project.



I am going to write up an email including a number of questions which me and Alex need answering, and will also try are best to create a short paragraph of text which will explain are aims with the video. 

No comments:

Post a Comment